The Tourist Office owns the « Tourisme & Handicap » certificate, which is a label recognizing accessible tourism.
Please find on the link below the complete list of places accessible to disabled people (administration places, worship places, leisure activities, accomodation places, etc). All the information mentionned in the following document does not necessarily represent approved places but gives a list of easily accessible places for handicaped people:
Fully concerned and engaged towards the constant enhancement of accessibility for disabled people, the City and the Tourist Office have worked closely together to obtain a recognition from the disabled audience.
Encouraging access to tourism and leisures for handicaped people is a priority for the municipal team. One of the first step towards this action was to ease the access to the Tourist Office.
The Tourist Office made it!
The certificate was granted for 3 out of the 4 acknowledged disabilities:
- motor disability
- hearing impairment
- mental disability
The “Tourisme & Handicap” Label assures a proper welcome for disabled tourists:
- The staff has received an adequate and mandatory training to deal with this type of public.
- The reception desk has been redesigned and enables the staff to welcome people with disabilities in more comfortable conditions.
- An audio device is also available.
- A leaflet has been made to list the local offer available to disabled people in terms of lodging and recreations accessibility.
- A touch terminal has a section for disabled people along with a function that makes the use of the device easier.
La Ciotat is one of the three cities in the Bouches-du-Rhône area that has been awarded this certificate.
Yanous!, the French magazine about disabilities, has published an article about our tourist office.